COVER FEATURE: Surprising reasons why you could be gaining weight • Sugar: is it really poisoning us? • The link between health and teeth • Shopping for less sodium • Soup recipes from the Holsts • 28-page baking special: perfect pies, gluten-free goodies, muffins, puddings, and more!
- The surprising reasons for weight-gain: We may be conscious of everyday actions that can affect our weight, but good news: the steps to counter this weight-gain require only small (very doable) changes.
- Q & A: Is sugar really toxic? Does cutting sugar from your diet help with weight-loss? And just how much sugar do kids really need – if any? HFG senior nutritionist Rose Carr investigages the role of sugar in our diet.
- Tips for healthier teeth: Oral health and the food we eat are closely related. And practising good personal dental care is not only beneficial for oral health, it's also good for general well-being.
- How to choose bread
- 10 of the best pastas
- Guide to sustainable fish
- Shopping for less sodium
- Best fitness devices
This month’s recipes
- HFG 28-page baking special: Includes healthy baking tips; perfect pies; hands-free pasta and tray bakes; gluten-free goodies; muffin mania; delicious desserts; makeover Quiche Lorraine
- Simon and Dame Alison Holst: Comfort in a (soup) bowl
- Single serve: One-pot chicken pilaf
- 5pm panic! The answer to your "What's for dinner?" question
- 10 ways with instant polenta
- Kids in the kitchen: Marshmallow slice, plus kids' healthy baking competition
... and much more!