Satay tofu and vegetables
Step 1 Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow dish. Cut tofu into cubes and add to marinade. Cover and leave for 20-30 minutes. Cut capsicum and courgettes into chunks.
Step 2 Now make the sauce! Heat oil in a saucepan, add garlic and onion and cook over moderate heat until onion is transparent. Add remaining sauce ingredients and mix well, bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer until sauce thickens. Put aside and keep warm.
Step 3 Heat a pan or barbecue grill until hot. Spray with oil and stir-fry tofu and vegetables for 4-5 minutes or until tofu is golden brown. Serve with rice or a green salad drizzled with satay sauce.Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Jodie Collins (Hamilton)
- Tofu is high in iron and the high vitamin C content in this recipe will aid its absorption.
- Jodie says: "This recipe is absolutely divine. It's great done on the barbecue, too."
About this Recipe
- 350g firm tofu (I use Bean Supreme's Organic Tofu)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 capsicums
- 2 courgettes
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup mango or pineapple juice (you can also use any Just Juice variety)
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed or 1 teaspoon minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Satay sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic or 1 teaspoon minced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup pineapple or mango juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified