Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- spray olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 600g lean beef mince
- 2 red or yellow capsicums
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs of your choice (basil, oregano, rosemary are good)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 500g reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 6 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 250g pack instant lasagne sheets
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spray a large pan with oil and place over a moderate heat. Gently cook onion and garlic until soft but not browned. Add mince and brown gently. Add capsicums and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, herbs and paprika. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until veges are soft and liquid has reduced by a third.
2 While meat is cooking, make the cheese sauce. Blend cottage cheese until smooth, then add milk and all the parmesan except 2 tablespoons. Blend until you have a smooth, creamy sauce.
3 Add spinach to meat mixture. Stir in and cook a few minutes until wilted.
4 In a deep oven dish, place a third of the meat mixture. Follow with a layer of pasta, then a layer of meat, then a layer of cheese sauce. Repeat the layering, finishing with the cheese sauce. Sprinkle remaining parmesan over top of lasagne. Cook in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving with a green salad.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
- Ingredient : Beef, Capsicum, peppers, Cottage cheese, Garlic - fresh, Herbs - fresh, Lasagne sheets, Milk, milk powder, Mince, Mushrooms, Oil, oil spray, Onions - brown, white, Parmesan cheese, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Spinach, Tomato paste, Tomatoes - canned, Wine
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free lasagne and check paprika is gluten free.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..