Sticky zinger chicken
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Grate the zest from the orange into the glass bowl (the zest is just the coloured part of the skin; try not to get the bitter white pith underneath). Crush the garlic.
Step 2 Add the orange juice, crushed garlic, honey and Worcestershire sauce and hot or barbecue sauce to the bowl. Mix together.
Step 3 Slice each chicken breast into 6 strips and marinate (that means soak) in the prepared orange mixture for 45 minutes. While the chicken is marinating you can prepare the couscous – see packaging for instructions.
Step 4 Heat a non-stick pan and cook the chicken, turning frequently, until browned all over.
Step 5 Pour in the remaining marinade and continue to cook, turning the chicken in the sauce until dark golden and sticky.
Step 6 Serve with couscous or salad, or as a burger or sub.
Try cooking this on the barbecue or grill it on skewers.
About this Recipe
- glass or china dish to marinate the chicken
- grater or zester to get the zest off the orange
- measuring spoons to measure the sauces
- knife for cutting the chicken and garlic
- chopping board
- frying pan
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- juice and zest of 1 orange
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or barbecue-type sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified