(at time of publication)
Step 1 Cook chicken mince in a non-stick pan in a spray of oil. Break up with a spoon and stir until well cooked. Remove from heat and set aside to coooill.
Step 2 To make the dressing, combine fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Taste and adjust to your liking; everyone is different and it's fine to play around with this to get the sweet/salty balance you like. You can also add a little dried chilli to this dressing if you want more kick.
Step 3 Add coleslaw, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, mint, shallot and chilli (if using) to cooled chicken mince and mix well. Add dressing and stir to combine. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
About this Recipe
- spray oil
- 300g chicken mince
- 1 pack ready-bagged coleslaw (I used Leader Brand Broccoslaw)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced or 1 teaspoon 'Fresh As' freeze-dried
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced (optional)
- 1 shallot, finely sliced (or use spring onion)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified