Barbecued lamb chops with potatoes and iceberg lettuce salad
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 lamb forequarter chops
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 500g baby potatoes
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, washed, cut in 4 wedges
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 3g
- For marinade, combine tomato, Worcestershire and barbecue sauces with brown sugar. Add chops and coat well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- To make dressing, combine sour cream, lemon juice and horseradish cream in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain and rinse. ‘Squash’ potatoes using the palm of your hand.
- Heat barbecue grill to a medium heat. Cook chops for 3 minutes on each side for medium-cooked chops, or cook to your liking.
- Spray potatoes with olive oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden, crispy and heated through. Serve chops with potatoes and lettuce wedges. Sprinkle radish over lettuce and top with dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check your Worcestershire barbecue sauces are gluten free.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..