Fish and chips
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine eggs, spread and oil. Place egg mixture in a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a separate shallow dish. Sprinkle over lemon pepper seasoning.
Step 2 Dip each fish steak in egg mixture, then toss in breadcrumbs to coat evenly. To help crumbs stick, chill for at least 30 minutes.
Step 3 Meanwhile, cut potatoes in 2cm-thick pieces. Place potatoes on a paper towel in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with another paper towel and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn potatoes over. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes longer.
Step 4 Place fish on a lightly greased baking tray and spray with oil. Place chips on a separate baking tray. Spray with oil.
Step 5 Place both trays in oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until chips are lightly golden, spraying halfway through cooking. Remove chips and cook fish for 5-10 more minutes.
- Use lemon zest and ground black pepper instead of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs, rice or corn crumbs, or try polenta instead.
About this Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- 4 white fish steaks such as shark steaks (about 170g each)
- 4 large potatoes
- olive oil spray
- lime wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified