Lentil and vegetable curry
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Combine oil and onion in a large saucepan and cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes or until onion softens. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Step 2 Add stock, water, kumara, tomatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms, peas and lentils. Cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Step 3 Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet directions. Garnish curry with coriander and serve with rice.
About this Recipe
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock (gluten-free)
- 2 cups water
- 500g kumara, peeled and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with no added salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 300g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup brown rice
- coriander, to garnish (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified