Tasty chicken and pumpkin stew
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.45 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- spray olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (or more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 600g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into cubes
- 2 cups, peeled and cubed pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat a spray of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook onions and garlic until onion is soft but not browned. Add the spices, stir to combine and cook for another couple of minutes.
Step 2 Add the chicken, apple, pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes. Remove lid and simmer for 10 minutes more or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
Step 3 Squeeze in lemon or lime juice. Serve with couscous or rice.
About this recipe
First published: July 2008