Curried chicken and kumara pilaf
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Spray a saucepan with oil. Add onion and chicken. Stir over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, or until browned. Add garlic and kumara and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
Step 2 Stir in curry powder and rice. Add stock and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until rice is tender and stock is absorbed. Remove from heat.
Step 3 Stir in peas. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
If you like hot food, turn up the heat by adding 1-2 finely sliced fresh red chillies.
About this Recipe
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 2 single skinless chicken breast fillets, fat-trimmed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g orange kumara, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified