Beetroot, orzo and feta salad
Step 1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Trim stalks off beetroot and boil whole for about 8 minutes to slightly soften. If you have large beetroot, cut them in halves or quarters first.
Step 2 Drain beetroot, then peel and dice them. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and roast for 25 minutes, or until tender.
Step 3 Cook orzo in boiling salted water until tender.
Step 4 Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients.
Step 5 Drain cooked orzo. Mix with beetroot, celery, walnuts and dressing. Stir in parsley (if using). Top with crumbled feta. Serve warm or chilled, sprinkled with parsley.
About this Recipe
- 2 medium beetroot or canned diced beetroot (if using canned beetroot, no preparation is required)
- oil, to drizzle
- 3/4 cup orzo or risoni
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- handful chopped parsley (optional)
- 60g marinated feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified