- 1/2 x 250ml carton fruit juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 500g mixed dried fruit (any combination will work)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place first 3 ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently for a few minutes, then cool.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well, then spoon into a lightly oiled medium-sized loaf tin. Cover tin with foil and secure with either string or a rubber band. Cook in a water bath in the oven for about 1 hour.
- When cooked, remove foil and cool on a rack. Cut loaf in 8 slices, then cut each slice in half to form 16 squares.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..