Pork with spiced lentils
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 x 150g pork loin cutlets or pork loin medallions, fat-trimmed
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained
- 4 cups baby rocket
- low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Brush a non-stick frying pan with half the oil and heat over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6–7 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Add garlic, cumin and 1 teaspoon of paprika. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add water. Stir to combine. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle pork with remaining paprika. Brush another non-stick frying pan with remaining oil and heat over a medium heat. Add pork and cook for 4–5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Stir lentils and rocket into vegetable mixture over a low heat until heated through. Serve with pork cutlets and a dollop of yoghurt.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..