Thai fish cakes
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash roughly with a fork. Set aside to cool.
Step 2 Add tuna, capsicum, spring onions, coriander, lime zest and egg to pan. Mix well.
Step 3 Shape mixture into 12 patties. Place flour onto a large plate and lightly coat each patty.
Step 4 Brush a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a high heat. Cook patties in 3 batches for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden.
Step 5 To make dipping sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Serve cakes with sauce, rice, salad and lime wedges.
Make it gluten-free: Replace flour with rice flour, and use gluten-free tamari in the dipping sauce.
About this Recipe
- 500g potatoes (such as desiree), peeled, chopped
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups green salad, to serve
- 2 cups cooked rice, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified