Chunky beef curry
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Heat oil and add onion. Cook over a medium heat until softened. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes. Stir in curry powder and heat for 1 minute.
Step 2 Add beef. Cook, stirring over a high heat, until meat is well coated with spice mixture and browned all over.
Step 3 Add salt, tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until meat is tender.
Step 4 Add coconut milk and potatoes. Heat for 5 more minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve with mini naan or pita bread.
About this Recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 600g lean beef, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 420g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube mixed with 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 x 425g cans new potatoes, drained, halved, or 500g fresh new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified