Creamy smoked chicken, bacon and mushroom fettuccine
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Heat oil in a frying pan. Gently fry onion and garlic. Add bacon. Cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook for 2 more minutes.
Step 2 Add basil, rosemary, evaporated milk and flour to pan mixture. Bring to a light boil, stirring regularly, so it doesn't stick to pan. Allow to simmer until it thickens.
Step 3 Cook fettuccine following packet directions. Drain. Drizzle with a little olive oil and set aside.
Step 4 Add smoked chicken to pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add cooked fettuccine to coat in creamy mixture. Cook for about 1 minute until food is heated through.
Step 5 Transfer to a serving dish. Serve with a green salad.
RUNNER-UP: Meals in 20 minutes category
HFG Reader Recipe Competition 2009
Kristin Leaity, Auckland
About this Recipe
- olive oil spray
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 rashers rindless eye bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 375ml Light & Creamy evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 x 400g packet fresh egg or tri-colour fettuccine
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 smoked chicken breast, cut in 1cm cubes
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified