Tasty vege hotpot
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Heat water in a pan to boiling point. Gradually stir in polenta with a sprinkling of seasoning. Cook until slightly thickened. Cool for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Spoon polenta onto a lightly-greased baking tray. Form into a round. Leave to set. Cut in triangles and grill for 5 minutes or until firm.
Step 3 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Cook onion until softened. Add chickpeas, tomatoes and chargrilled vegetables. Heat through.
Step 4 Sprinkle hotpot mix with basil. Serve with polenta triangles on the side.
This quick and hearty, little-effort hotpot is a great dinner choice when you want minimal hands-on cooking time.
About this Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup instant polenta
- Tuscan seasoning*
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs*
- 1/2 cup Chargrilled vegetables
- 1 tablespoon roughly-torn fresh basil
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified