Niki's crockpot lamb curry
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Trim lamb and cut in 2cm chunks. Brown onion and garlic in a non-stick pan using some oil spray.
Step 2 Mix all dry spices together. Place all ingredients into the slow cooker. Mix well. Cook on low for 9 hours.
Step 3 Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice and chutney.
Add 4 cups chopped spinach to this curry at the end of cooking to give it extra vege goodness.
About this Recipe
- 750g lamb (I used shoulder chops)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoons medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 large potato, scrubbed, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 2 x 270ml cans light coconut cream
- 1 can water (use coconut cream can)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified