Chicken and bean stew
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Cut chicken in bite-sized chunks. Spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook chicken until evenly browned.
Step 2 Spray a little more oil in pan. Add vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in herbs, 2 cups water and stock. Bring to the boil. Stir well, reduce heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes until chicken is tender.
Step 3 Meanwhile, cook risoni following packet directions.
Step 4 Add risoni and beans to pan, then simmer for 5 minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle over fresh parsley and serve with crusty bread.
About this Recipe
- 3 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 4 cups chopped mixed seasonal vegetables
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or dried mixed herbs
- 500ml salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup risoni pasta
- 1 x 425g can mixed beans, drained, rinsed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified