Asian vegetable stir-fry with ponzu sauce
(at time of publication)
Step 1 To make ponzu sauce, combine tamari, 1 tablespoon water, lemon juice and rice wine vinegar in a small jug. Set aside until required. Place flour on a large plate. Toss tofu in flour to coat.
Step 2 Heat half the oil in a wok over a high heat. Cook tofu, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Step 3 Heat remaining oil over a high heat. Add mushrooms, carrot, corn and capsicum to wok. Cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until almost tender. Add gai lan. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Step 4 Add ponzu sauce and tofu. Toss to coat. Serve stir-fry with brown rice. Sprinkle with chilli.
Time saver: Swap ponzu sauce with a bought stir-fry sauce.
About this Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari (Japanese soy sauce)
- 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 300g firm tofu, cut in 2.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, cut in sticks
- 225g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch gai lan or spinach, trimmed, cut in 5cm lengths
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified