Beef and rice-stuffed courgettes
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Slice courgettes in half lengthwise. Use an apple corer or a small knife to scoop out flesh, leaving a 5mm border.
Step 2 Combine remaining ingredients except diced tomatoes in a large bowl. Fill courgette shells with beef mixture.
Step 3 Place courgettes in a single layer in a large deep frying pan. Top each courgette with other half. Pour over tomatoes. Fill pan with cold water until courgettes are just covered. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, partially covered, for 45 minutes or until tender.
Step 4 Divide courgettes among serving dishes. Pour over a little tomato broth.
About this Recipe
- 8 (about 16cm long) courgettes
- 100g premium beef mince
- 1/2 cup (uncooked) long-grain white rice, washed, drained
- 1 medium tomato, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- large pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g can diced tomatoes with chopped onion and garlic
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified