Sticky hoisin chicken with sesame noodle coleslaw
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Place hoisin sauce and 2 tablespoons cold water in a medium bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken, pouring over any remaining marinade, for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place noodles in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
Step 3 Combine noodles, two-thirds of the onions, and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Serve chicken with sesame coleslaw and sprinkle with the remaining onion.
Swap chicken with pork loin steaks or fillet if you prefer.
About this Recipe
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 12 (400g) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 125g dried noodles
- 3 spring onions, trimmed, sliced
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut in matchsticks
- 1/4 small Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified