Full ingredients list:
- 1 skinless chicken breast (150g), cubed
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 green capsicum, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon sultanas (optional)
- 2 baked jacket potatoes (see tip)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place chicken in a microwave-proof dish, cover and cook on high for 2 minutes. Cover and set aside, to stand.
Step 2 Place onion with garlic and oil in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
Step 3 Add tomatoes and capsicum and cook on high for 2 more minutes. Stir, add mushrooms and cook on high for 1 more minute.
Step 4 Add chilli sauce with chicken and cook for 1-1 1/2 minutes on high until the dish is hot, stirring halfway through. Stir in sultanas (if using). Serve chicken with jacket potatoes.
NOTE: All timings are guidelines only, as individual microwaves will vary slightly.
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free brand of sweet chilli sauce.
- To cook jacket potatoes: wash and pat potato dry. Prick skin with a fork and place on a microwave-proof dish. Cook on high for 5-6 minutes. Once cooked, wrap in foil. Stand for 3 minutes before serving.
- Click here for some handy microwave tips.
About this recipe
First published: April 2010