Scrambled eggs with tuna
(Hands-on time: 5 mins, Cooking time: 5 mins)
Total cost: $ 5.34 / $ 2.67 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons trim milk
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 95g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced peppadews (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small wholemeal pita bread
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Whisk eggs and milk with a fork in a microwave-proof bowl. Cook on high for 1 minute. Remove and whisk again.
- Microwave for a further 30 seconds on high for eggs to begin scrambling slightly. Remove and add spring onion. Cook for 30 more seconds.
- Stir with a fork. Add tuna and diced Peppadews (if using). Season with pepper. Spoon onto bread and serve with spinach.
- Eggs will continue to cook for a short time so remove while still slightly wet-looking.
- Click here for some handy microwave tips.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..