Low-fat hoisin chicken and noodles
(at time of publication)
Step 1 In a small bowl mix hoisin, soy sauce, rice wine and ginger. Place chicken in a shallow non-metallic dish and coat with half the sauce mixture. Cover and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet directions and add carrot and snow peas in the last minute of cooking. Rinse in cold water. Drain.
Step 3 Preheat a chargrill pan to high and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove and cool slightly before cutting each slice in half.
Step 4 Coat noodles, vegetables and spinach with remaining marinade and toss to combine. Divide noodles and vegetables among serving bowls. Top with chicken and serve garnished with spring onions.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free varieties of hoisin sauce, soy sauce and noodles.
About this Recipe
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (or use dry sherry)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut lengthwise in 8 thin fillets
- 280g dried egg noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 75g baby spinach
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified