Chilli lime squid salad
- olive oil spray
- 3 squid tubes (750g), cleaned, cut in 5cm squares, scored
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 100g baby rocket
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Cook squid and half the chillies over a medium heat for 4 minutes. Remove from pan. Steam snow peas until just tender. Cool.
- Combine squid, snow peas, rocket, avocado, onion, capsicum and mint in a large bowl.
- In a screw-top jar, combine remaining chillies, peanut oil and lime juice. Drizzle over salad and serve.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..