Cumin potatoes with dill sour cream
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Steam kumara and potatoes until just starting to soften. Spray with oil and sprinkle with cumin.
Step 2 Heat barbecue and cook vegetables on a flat plate or grill (or both). Cook until golden on one side then carefully turn over and cook other side until golden.
Step 3 To make dill sour cream, combine half the dill with all other ingredients.
Step 4 Arrange cooked potato pieces on a platter, sprinkle with remaining dill and serve with dill sour cream.
Serve as part of this three-course meal for four, cooked entirely on the barbecue!
Entrée: Prawn and scallop skewers
Main: Beef with artichoke and pea salsa
Vege side dishes: Barbecued asparagus and eggplant, Cumin potatoes with dill sour cream
Dessert: Warm fruit parcels with lemon sorbet
- For a lighter option on top of your potatoes, replace sour cream with reduced-fat, Greek-style natural yoghurt.
- Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free mustard (or yoghurt) and sour cream.
About this Recipe
- 300g kumara, peeled, cut in 1.5cm slices
- 300g Desiree potatoes, peeled, cut in 1.5cm slices
- olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Dill sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified