Tasty chicken and potato casserole
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Fry shallots and potatoes for 5 minutes until browned. Transfer to a large roasting dish and pour over stock and lemon juice. Transfer to oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, score chicken with a sharp knife and rub with oregano and pepper. Add remaining oil to frying pan and fry chicken in 2 batches for 2-3 minutes each side until evenly browned.
Step 3 Remove roasting dish from oven and nestle chicken among potatoes (so they are sitting in sauce). Return dish to oven and cook for 15 more minutes until almost cooked. Stir peas into mixture. Cook for a final 5 minutes.
Step 4 In a small bowl, combine parsley, garlic and lemon zest. Drizzle over stew and serve straight away with a side of steamed green beans.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free stock.
About this Recipe
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 12 shallots, peeled, cloves separated
- 750g small potatoes, halved
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 6 x 130g (about 800g total) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 3 cups steamed green beans, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified