Beef sang choy bao
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add mince and cook with ginger until evenly browned.
Step 2 Add spring onions and sauces. Cook for a few minutes. Add vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes so vegetables are still crunchy. Add peanuts.
Step 3 Allow everyone to make their own with mince mixture in lettuce cups and roll up to eat. Serve with rice.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
About this Recipe
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavoured oil
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, chopped or 2 teaspoons prepared ginger
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 cups mixed vegetables such as sliced red cabbage, sliced carrot and broccoli, or use brocoslaw or coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified