Tuna potato bake
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Wash and slice potatoes (do not peel). Cover and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes on high.
Step 2 In a soup pot, fry onion and garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes (with the liquid) and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat.
Step 3 Stir in chunks of cream cheese until melted. Break up tuna with a fork and add to pot. Drain and add potatoes. Add evaporated milk and courgettes. Stir.
Step 4 Pour into a non-stick oven dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Instead of, or with the courgettes, use frozen peas, corn, broccoli, or 1 cup of your favourite veges.
- If you don't like tuna, leave it out, or use canned (or cooked) salmon or chicken instead.
Don't cry when you chop the onion! Just wear swimming goggles, or breathe through your mouth, or refrigerate the onion for half an hour before use.
About this Recipe
- 500g potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes (flavoured is okay)
- 220g extra-light cream cheese
- 185g tuna in spring water, drained (flavoured is okay)
- 1/2 cup light evaporated milk
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified