Savoury vege loaf
(Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 45 mins)
Total cost: NZ$ 16.80 / NZ$ 2.10 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 360g box Special K cereal, crushed
- 500g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (100g) roughly chopped walnuts
- 5 eggs
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until moist.
- Press mixture into two greased 21x11cm loaf tins or a square 21cm cake tin. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the centre feels firm when pressed.
- Cut in slices and serve with brown gravy or mushroom sauce, steamed vegetables and a large green salad. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..