Asian-style beef salad
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Measure dressing ingredients into a screw-top jar. Shake to combine.
Step 2 Place steak in a plastic bag then add half the marinade mixture. Massage bag to cover steak with marinade then set aside for 20-30 or more minutes (or refrigerate overnight). Add lemon or lime juice to the remaining marinade in jar. Shake to combine then set aside.
Step 3 In a large bowl toss all the salad vegetables except avocado.
Step 4 Preheat barbecue to a high heat and lightly oil the hotplate. Remove steak from marinade and place on the hotplate. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or to your preference. Remove steak from hotplate and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into 5mm slices.
Step 5 While steak rests, peel and slice avocado then toss with other vegetables and half the remaining dressing. Arrange salad greens on individual plates or on a platter. Fan steak slices over greens and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free varieties of sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
About this Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 400g thickly-cut (2.5-3cm) lean rump steak
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 red, orange or yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1-2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cups mesclun or mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 avocado, diced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified