(at time of publication)
Step 1 To make cakes, measure flour into a medium-sized bowl. Add eggs, soda water, chilli sauce, spices and salt, to season. Whisk together to make a smooth batter. Add corn and the remaining ingredients to batter.
Step 2 Preheat and lightly oil barbecue hotplate. Cook batches of cakes for 3-5 minutes each side until lightly browned on both sides and firm when pressed in the centre.
Step 3 Sit cooked cakes on several layers of paper towels and keep warm in oven until all the mixture is cooked. Serve immediately topped with prepared salsa or bowls of sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free varieties of self-raising flour and sweet chilli sauce.
About this Recipe
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup soda water or trim milk
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2-2 cups fresh or (thawed) frozen corn kernels
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, diced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified