Crumbed chicken with rocket salad and wedges
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place kumara on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, cashews and parsley in a bowl. Place milk in a separate bowl. Dip each tenderloin in milk then breadcrumb mixture and transfer to a plate.
Step 3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
Step 4 Meanwhile, combine rocket, spinach, shallots and orange in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing and mustard. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve chicken with salad and kumara wedges.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free varieties of breadcrumbs, dressing and mustard.
If you're still peckish, add a punnet of cherry tomatoes for just 40kJ more per person.
About this Recipe
- 400g kumara, cut in wedges
- 1/4 cup (25g) dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (35g) cashews, dry-toasted, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- 8 (500g total) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- 4 cups baby rocket
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 tablespoon 99% fat-free French dressing
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified