Pork tacos with black bean salsa salad
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Toss pork in chilli powder, 2 teaspoons cumin, oil and half the lime juice. Season. If there’s time, marinate for 10 minutes.
Step 2 To make salsa, mix beans, avocado, tomatoes, onion and chilli (if using) with remaining cumin and lime juice.
Step 3 Cook pork on a lightly-greased hot griddle pan or frying pan until crisp and cooked through. Rest for 1-2 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa and tortillas. Garnish with fresh coriander if preferred.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free varieties of beans and tortillas
About this Recipe
- 450g lean pork steaks
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 limes, juice
- 390g black beans in chilli sauce
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped, (optional)
- 8 light flour tortillas, warmed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified