Roasted vegetables with seared beef and mustard cream
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Wrap each beetroot half in foil. Roast for 20 minutes. Spray remaining vegetables with oil and add to roasting tray. Cook for 40 more minutes until crisp and golden.
Step 2 To make Mustard cream, combine sour cream, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 3 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Wrap in foil to rest for 10 minutes.
Step 4 Unwrap beetroot and rub off skin using foil. Cut in quarters then add to vegetable mix. Toss vegetables with parsley and divide among serving plates. Slice beef, add to plates and serve topped with Mustard cream.
- If you don't have wholegrain mustard on hand, use Dijon instead.
- This recipe also works well with lamb leg steaks.
- Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free varieties of sour cream and mustard.
About this Recipe
- 2 medium (250g) beetroot, trimmed, halved
- cooking oil spray
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 small turnips, quartered lengthways
- 450g small potatoes, scrubbed, halved
- 350g kumara, chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 600g rump steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified