Creamy broccoli soup
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Place a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Spray with oil. Fry leek, spring onion and ginger for 2 minutes, or until soft. Add broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 2 Add coconut cream, stock and water. Simmer for 15 minutes until broccoli is tender.
Step 3 Cool slightly. Season with pepper and purée in a blender. Return soup to saucepan. Gently reheat. Pour into individual bowls. Serve with soy yoghurt (if using).
Allergy-friendly dinner party for six
Whether gluten-free, vegetarian, lactose intolerant or just plain picky, any one of these simple recipes will accommodate dietary requirements – while pleasing everyone's taste buds at the same time!
About this Recipe
- cooking oil spray
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 400g broccoli, cut in florets
- 1 cup light coconut cream
- 2 1/4 cups liquid gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- plain soy yoghurt, to serve (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified