Pan-fried salmon with chickpea salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.51 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 420g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons 99% fat-free Italian dressing
- cooking oil spray
- 4 x 150g salmon steaks
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 To make salad, in a bowl combine corn, onion, chickpeas, coriander and dressing. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add salmon to pan and cook each side for 2 minutes (for medium), or until cooked to your liking.
Step 3 Serve salmon atop chickpea salad with a large dollop of yoghurt (if preferred) and steamed green vegetables.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free dressing and if using yoghurt, make sure it is gluten free.
- Marinate salmon in 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce for at least 10 minutes before cooking.
About this recipe
First published: September 2010