Summer fish open sandwich
- oil spray
- 150g white fish fillet or steak, fresh or frozen, defrosted
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 thick slice wholegrain bread such as soy linseed bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups salad greens
- 1/2 cup salad vegetables such as cherry tomatoes and red onion or spring onion, chopped
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and heat. Sprinkle fish with chilli flakes and cook for a few minutes until lightly golden. Turn over, sprinkle with some more flakes and spray with a little more oil. Cook for 1 1/2–2 more minutes until lightly browned or cook on the barbecue. Keep warm.
- Toast bread and rub with garlic. Drizzle with a little avocado oil. Top with salad greens, salad vegetables and fish.
- Drizzle with the remaining avocado oil. Serve seasoned with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..