Creamy chicken and vegetable korma
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
Step 2 Place a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spray chicken with oil and brown in batches. Transfer to saucepan with onion as each batch is browned.
Step 3 Add curry paste to frying pan and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and stir until boiling. Transfer to saucepan. Add kumara to saucepan.
Step 4 Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked and kumara is tender. Add beans and corn. Simmer for another 5 minutes until beans are just tender. Add evaporated soy milk and coconut essence and stir until warmed through. Serve with jasmine rice.
Make it gluten-free: Check korma curry paste is gluten-free.
About this Recipe
- oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cut in 3cm pieces
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut in 3cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300g kumara, peeled, chopped in 1cm pieces
- 150g green beans, halved
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3/4 cup evaporated soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified