Couscous with seven vegetables
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add tomatoes, stock, chilli flakes, sultanas, carrots and cabbage. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place broad beans in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute. Drain then rinse under cold running water. Peel off outer skin and discard. Set beans aside.
Step 3 Place couscous in a medium-sized bowl. Pour over 2 cups boiling water and cover. Soak for 2-3 minutes until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and stir through first measure of parsley.
Step 4 Add courgettes, chickpeas and broad beans to tomato mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until courgettes are tender. Serve couscous topped with vegetable mixture, yoghurt and parsley.
Add chopped eggplant, pumpkin or broccoli to boost your vegetable intake even higher.
About this Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups frozen broad beans
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 medium courgettes, cut in 2cm pieces
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 80g low-fat plain yoghurt
- chopped parsley, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified