Creamy chicken and leek pasta bake for one
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain. Set aside.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over a medium-high heat. Add leek. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add vegetables and chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add flour. Stir to combine, then add milk and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through. Add pasta. Toss to coat. Remove from heat.
Step 3 Transfer pasta mixture to a 2-cup-capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. To serve, garnish with fresh herbs (if using).
More single serve ideas
Pasta bakes are a great idea for single serve meals as you can make them ahead and pop them in the freezer for easy reheating. Keep these ratios (below) in mind, and try one of our combos or your own variation.
3/4-1 cup cooked pasta
2 cups vegetables
1/2-1 cup meat/fish
1/3 cup reduced-fat cheese sauce or
3/4 cup tomato sauce
Mix ingredients together and place in a small baking dish to bake. Cool and freeze, covered in plastic wrap.
Try these tasty combinations
- Macaroni, cheese sauce (as per Pumpkin and mushroom lasagne), broccoli, baby spinach and tomato pasta sauce.
- Penne pasta, red onion, cooked chicken, green beans and reduced-fat cheese sauce.
- Cooked mince, canned tomatoes, grated carrot, courgette and pumpkin with pasta shapes and topped with reduced-fat cheese.
- Pasta shapes, pesto, canned tuna, fresh spinach or rocket and light evaporated milk topped with reduced-fat cheese.
About this Recipe
- 1/2 cup macaroni pasta
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 small leek, trimmed, sliced thinly
- 1 cup frozen pea and corn mix
- 1/2 cup shredded, skinless cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/3 cup light evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley or oregano, to garnish (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified