Pasta with eggplant, tomato, chilli and feta
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add eggplant and onion.Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes or until eggplant is golden and tender. Add chilli and cherry tomatoes and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until tomatoes are slightly wilted.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook penne in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
Step 3 Add diced tomatoes to eggplant mix. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the drained pasta. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir through feta and basil. Divide among serving plates. Garnish with extra basil and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
About this Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant, trimmed, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes (depending how hot you like it)
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 350g penne pasta
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 100g feta cheese, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, plus extra, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified