Peanut banana ice cream
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Peel bananas then mash in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2 Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix until mixture is smooth.
Step 3 Spoon mixture into small bowls or cups and freeze for 2 hours. Serve this yummy frozen treat on its own, or with in-season berries.
- Use salt-free almond butter instead of peanut butter.
- As a special treat, add 4 teaspoons chocolate chips just before freezing.
- This ice cream also makes a tasty sandwich filling (but don’t freeze it).
- What is peanut butter made of? If you said crushed peanuts, think again. Some manufacturers add oil, salt, sugar and preservatives so check the ingredients list.
About this Recipe
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter with no salt or sugar added
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified