Spinach, kumara and sun-dried tomato muffins
(Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
Total cost: NZ$ 11.40 / NZ$ 0.95 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 150g kumara, grated
- 1/2 cup oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup trim milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Grease and line a 12-hole muffin tray. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place spinach in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water for 10 seconds then refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Squeeze out excess water from spinach then finely chop.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add spinach, kumara, sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan. Place eggs, milk and oil in a large jug and whisk to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Divide mixture among holes inprepared muffin tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are golden and cooked through. Remove muffins from tray, transfer to a wire rack and set aside to cool then serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and baking powder.
These muffins can be frozen, wrapped separately in plastic wrap.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..