Rhubarb and banana coconut crumble
(Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
Total cost: NZ$ 7.60 / NZ$ 1.90 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 400g rhubarb, cut in chunks
- 1 firm banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Coconut crumble topping
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Preheat oven to 180.C. Place rhubarb in a dish with 1/2 cup water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Place in ovenproof dish with banana, sugar and cinnamon.
- To make topping, mix flour and sugar together. Rub in spread then stir in almonds. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until fruit becomes soft and topping golden. Cover with tinfoil if crumble browns too quickly.
Make it gluten free: Check cinnamon is gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..