Whether you’re entertaining or feeling peckish, a sure-fire filler is a healthy dip with those grainy crackers or vegetable sticks.
Any one of these five simple suggestions for a healthy dip will satisfy those taste buds and hunger pangs.
- Seafood dipMash a can of tuna, salmon or sardines with reduced-fat sour cream, a dash of lemon juice and a splash of Tabasco.
- Quick hummusMash or blend a can of drained chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice and a clove of garlic for instant hummus.
- Green pea dipBlend frozen peas, mint, a spoon of plain low-fat yoghurt and season with pepper for a green pea dip.
- Feta and capsicum dipBlend half a block of feta with 2 or 3 marinated red peppers from a jar. Add a dash of chilli and some pepper.
- Classic guacamoleMash an avocado with plain low-fat yoghurt, ground cumin, lime juice and chilli sauce. Season with pepper.