There is nothing worse than eating the same old boring meals.
It’s ironic really, given there are hundreds of TV shows, endless food magazines and well over 300 million recipes on the internet, that most of us end up cooking the same five to 10 recipes each and every week.
It is simply because we are creatures of habit and it is far easier to cook something that you could prepare with your eyes closed than try something new where you really have to think about what you are doing. But, that leads to the same old boring meals – so what can you do?
Here are my ideas
- Get on to meal planning – see how it is done here >>
- Try one new recipe each week. Make it a set night of the week so you know to include this in part of your plan, and you can communicate this with anyone else who is cooking or who you are cooking for. Make it the night of the week where you are likely to have a bit more time, maybe mid-week or even on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Make yourself a recipe bible. This is NOT a book shoved full of all the lovely recipes you would ‘one day’ like to make (because we all have those and much like recipe books, you never make anything from them!). When you have tried a new recipe, it works, you know you will have the ingredients in for this recipe, you know that it will be something quick and easy to make on regular occasions and that everyone likes it, then and ONLY then can it be added into your recipe bible (just a folder with those plastic sleeves is fine). You can then use this recipe bible to help you plan your weekly menu and shopping list, knowing the ideas you have in that book work well and are easy to make.
For more fabulous ideas on healthy, happy living along with 30 amazing quick and easy recipes, get yourself a copy of my book, Lose Weight for Life today!
Love, Claire x
Claire Turnbull, BSc (Hons) Dietetics UK, NZ-registered nutritionist. Managing director of Mission Nutrition, and Healthy Food Guide nutritionist.
- Grab a copy of Claire’s amazing 10-step guide to feeling fabulous every day – it’s FREE!
- Make sure you get yourself a copy of Claire’s best-selling book, Lose Weight for Life.
- For more ideas and inspiration, check out www.claireturnbull.co.nz and find Claire on Facebook.
- For one-on-one nutrition advice, visit Claire’s team of dietitians / nutritionists at Mission Nutrition.