Spice up your life with the fiery taste of harissa.
The potent paste is a healthy way to give meals a flavour punch – without extra salt. Here’s how to make the most of this hot red paste which hails from North Africa.
- Mix it with yoghurt, lemon juice and mint to marinate lamb or chicken.
- Toss it through roasted root veges with olive oil and herbs.
- Add it to hummus.
- Stir it through tomato pasta sauce or vege soup.
- Whisk it into reduced-fat sour cream to make a jacket potato topping.
- Spoon it onto burgers or spread it onto wraps.