ADVERTORIAL: Start your day the delicious way.
Gather the family and share in this sweet, No Sugar Added Chocolate feast.
Recipe by Healthy Natty. Makes approx. 16 waffles.
1 cup plain wholemeal flour
1 cup self-raising wholemeal flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
4 tablespoons cacao powder
2 teaspoons powdered stevia
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons liquid from jar of Morello cherries
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups almond milk
3 bars Well Naturally Chocolate Rich Dark 45g
6 tablespoons coconut cream
1 cup coconut milk solids (keep 2 tins in fridge, open gently and only use solids from top)
1/2 cup coconut cream solids (as above, 1 tin will suffice)
1 teaspoon rice flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
2 cups Morello cherries
1 cup fresh cherries, pitted, halved (optional)
- In a large bowl place flours, baking powder, cacao powder, stevia and salt. Combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl mix together all wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Cook in a waffle maker as per machine instructions.
- Melt Well Naturally Chocolate gently over a double boiler, stirring frequently with a metal spoon.
- Once chocolate has melted, turn off heat and quickly stir in coconut cream. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine coconut milk and cream solids with sifted rice flour and vanilla.
- Using electric beaters, whip mixture until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving.
Cherries for serving
- Combine Morello and fresh cherries (if using) in a small bowl.
- Layer waffles with a spread of ganache between each layer and a few cherries.
- Finish by topping with more ganache, whipped cream, cherries and shavings of Well Naturally Chocolate.
Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate is all indulgence without the guilt. Put simply, we take the bad stuff out (sugar) and replace it with the good stuff: stevia, a natural plant-based sweetener. The end result? Real milk and dark 70% cocoa chocolate, made just as delicious – without the excess sugar. Well Naturally is available in a variety of flavours at New World, Countdown and selected independent retailers nationwide.
For more information, visit the Well Naturally website.
This is a paid message from a Healthy Food Guide advertiser and is not necessarily endorsed by Healthy Life Media.